Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Saying Good Bye

Just had a long chat with my parents. We started when we went out to dinner last night and picked up tonight. Nice little steakhouse, good food. I didn't think I ate that much but by the end I was really stuffed. And usually I can eat. Talked about my future. Basically, they want me to have one. I don't. Well, I just don't like most of the options out there. I'd like to continue to study. They have two issues with that. For one, they see that as somewhat lazy, not getting out into the real world to earn a living. The other problem is paying for it. Also, study to do what, they wonder. Well, I'm not sure. I don't like any of the careers I've seen. So for now I just want to learn something. They tell me you don't have to like it. Everyone goes through hard times and does things they don't like. You just have to do it and make the best of it. I can't look at a long-term future and face it knowing that its all gonna suck. How/Why do people do that? They don't want to support me indefinitely. I don't like the idea of living at home. I don't know. I don't know what to do.

On the bright side, I'm leaving tomorrow. Should arrive in NaTBaG (Ben Gurion Airport, Tel Aviv, Israel) on Thurday morning. Thursday afternoon local time. So exciting. Hope it all works out.

No comments: