Tuesday, June 16, 2009

She was kinda cute, too

One of the cutest moments from the weekend was when I was in the pool, and a family comes in, one of those nuclear families with a father and mother and little girl and boy like in a family icon:

So the mom comes in and starts saying something, asks how I got in if the pool was locked (Gee, I was thinking the same thing - maybe we both have keys? Lol.) I start swimming over to grab my bathing suit from the side of the pool where I had left it, and she notices I'm not wearing it and flushes and turns away. One of the kids turns to her and says, "See, I told you it was a boy."

I've had a crush on this guy at the gym for some time. For months we never spoke to each other, but recently he gave me a ride and we hit it off great. Now we've been chatting it up, talking about workout routines and eating habits, where to find local basketball courts (it turns out people around here play tennis just because they can't find a decent basketball court!) and how to build a six pack. Standard gym talk. But it's really great to talk to him. He's a great guy. I'm not sure whether to tell him I'm into him, but for now at least it's nice to be friends.

No comments: