Sunday, September 10, 2006

Wedding

(The original of this post got lost, and you now how the rewrite can never match the original, but here goes.) I went to a friend's wedding last week. It was a lot of fun. Beautiful. The groom was stunning. I've actually had a crush on him since we met about 4 years ago, but apparently he's not gay. Oh well. As long as he's happy, that's the main thing. Cute couple. Pretty girl, wonderful sweet smile, but I still think she got the better deal: he's hotter than she is. I disgust myself - there is so much more to a relationship, and especially a marriage, than just looks. They are preparing a whole life, they have plans together, education, careers. They care for each other, entertain each other, enjoy spending time with one another and doing things together (and not just, ahem). I have a lot of maturing to do.

I danced like mad at the wedding, and didn't even drink. I've been trying to loosen up more w/out booze. It's hard. I've often relied on alcohol to loosen up and have fun at parties, but I know I have to grow up and learn to just be who I want to be without chemicals. Oh, I remembered the other part I had written in this post. It was a bit, I've probably written it before, about how I want to be less selfish and help others. I said, my life must seem pretty boring to you. ;-( If I would do more for others it would probably spice up my life, but that is not why I want to do it. I want to make the world a better place. Cliche? If only it would be more of a cliche, you know what I mean?

P.S. Looks like they found the original copy. It is better; see below and compare for yourself.

No comments: