- It looks up your team's schedule, sees when they play, and tracks when they win
- It looks through your contacts (Facebook friends, IM buddies, Email contacts, whatever it can get a hold of)
- When your team wins, it immediately messages whichever friends come from the losing team's hometown
In iGloat 3.0 we'll expand it beyond sports. Remember the last time your uncle's neighbor dropped you a stock tip? Note it in iGloat, and she'll get Gloatted when the ticker falls.
Or how about how you have to sit through boring episodes of Runway, Idol, or SYTYCD... Tell iGloat who your favorite contestants are and it will let you know when to tune in (or maybe even serve up the video) and you won't even have to sit through the show to tell your friends all about it. Gloat loves elections, too!
A timetable for launch of iGloat might go something like:
- Beta version for late October 2009 (start of NBA season)
- 1.0 should be out 5 months later in time for the (April 2010) MLB season
- 2.0 coming 5 months after that (Sep 2010) in time for the NFL season
- 3.0 early 2011, maybe time it with the new season of American Idol
Think iGloat is mean? I kinda agree, but you know you do it anyway, so I might as well automate it (and sell it).