Monday, July 10, 2006

Adversity Drives Creativity

Creative expression in human beings is consistently derived from conflict; an internal or external conflict creates an energy, a storm, a virtual maelstrom, within the psyche; twisting, distorting, and contorting the mind until it has assumed every possible cognitive style or emotiono-philosophical worldview, it is only unrest, disease, discouragement, disillusionment, discomfort, helplessness and spite that contribute to a vital culture wherein the arts may thrive.

I acknowledge that the above is written in only a semi-intelligible manner; it appears more like a prose=poem of sorts than a paragraph. It needs to be qualified and expounded, but this idea I have held for some time and I've seen the evidence over and over. It just came out now on paper (or hypertext, cyberspace, whatever) in a stream of conscious kind of way and I thought I'd preserve it like this. Anyway, I don't have time to give it much more thought tight now.

Loving comments. As always, Me.

No comments: